Wednesday, January 20, 2010

big sister know it all

how did you know i was going to fall asleep before whipping up a quick batch of those lobster cakes tonight? I was set to have cooked AND eaten the delectables before the first hour of your "extended due date" but alas... . i laid down in my bed this afternoon. Haven't been able to do that in .. .well can't even recall. Now my dinner, consists of a leftover ham sloppy joe from lunch. [Benefits of being on the Professional Development Committee - perks of today's lunch meeting] There are things you just miss about good ole' New Jersey, huh? Oh the Sloppy Joe.. . It deserves an ode.

On that note _ Hickory Tree Delicatessen is in transition of sorts. The bros who were a big part of it are now gone.. and opening their own shop.. Waitttt .. wait for it.. down the street from me. You know what this means???? Breakfast. Lunch.. Then dinner on the way home. By the time, you see me next I may be two hundred pounds. That's a hundred pounds of sloppy joe/taylor ham, egg and cheese goodness all over my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment